My all time favourite upuma. A very simple breakfast recipe. You can have it just simply by just using the spices or with vegetables to go along.
1 1/2 cups Poha/Aval/Flat Rice
A pinch of turmeric
2 tsp ghee
1 tsp mustard seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
1 inch ginger minced
1/4 cup of cashew nuts
3 dried Chilli
Some curry leaves
Himalayan salt to taste
1. Wash the aval in running water and drain off the water using the colander.
2. Transfer the aval to a bowl and add turmeric powder to it. Mix the aval with the turmeric powder and set it aside.
3. Heat the ghee in the wok and saute the cashews until they turn brown. Set it aside.
4. Add the mustard seeds and let them cackle then add in the mustard seeds.
5. Add the dried chilli, curry leaves and ginger fry for a few more minutes on low heat .
6. Add the aval and salt. Continue stirring for a few more minutes.
7. Add in the cashews and mix them with the poha.
The aval upuma is ready to be served.