1 cup of black-eyed peas soaked overnight
1 medium-sized onion, sliced
1 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced
1 medium-sized sweet potato, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 stem of kale
1 cup of puréed tomatoes
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp of paprika powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
2. Fry the onion until it is soften. Add in the tomato and bell pepper. Continue to stir to prevent burnt.
3. Add in the garlic and ginger. Fry for a few more minutes.
4. Add the black-eyed peas, tomato puree, water, salt and paprika powder. Bring it to boil.
5. Simmer it and let it cook until the peas are soft.
Eat it on its own or serve it with rice.