I call myself a Cookie Monster because I simply love cookies. I love to try all kinds of cookies or biscuits from the bakery or on the shelves in the supermarket. The problem is that those cookies and biscuits are usually high in sugar (refined white sugar) and fats. In order to eat without too much guilt, I decided I should just bake the cookies on my own. I explored using different spices in the batter. I reduced the amount of sugar such that it is not too sweet. Some people may even find it not sweet at all but my husband didn’t mind it.
1 cup of gluten free rolled oats
1 cup millet flour
1/2 coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar (adjust the sugar according to your liking)
2 tbsp brownrice syrup
2 tbsp water
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp of cardamom powder or more
1. Blend the oats until powder-like.
2. Sieve the millet flour and mix it with the blended oats.
3. Add in the coconut sugar and the baking soda.
4. Whisk the coconut oil and brownrice syrup together. Add 2 tbsp of water.
5. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix them well.
6. Form the mixture into small balls and flattened them. Line the cookies on the baking tray.
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 mins or until golden brown at 160 deg C.
8. Allow to cool before enjoying the cookies.
The cookies are not sweet but both my hubby and I like them the way they are. If you like sweeter cookies, do add more sugar.