Today, my dear husband did an 18 km run. It was the longest he had run after a long time but he did well. Since there will be a lot fluid lose during the run, I reckon he needs to be hydrated well and so we had porridge for dinner. Porridge is also easier to digest since our system is slowing down in the evening.
1/3 cup brown rice rinsed and soaked for at least an hour
1 carrot sliced
1 rib celery sliced
3 dried chilli soaked
2 clove garlic
1 inch ginger minced
1 tbsp miso paste
a pinch of salt
1 stalk of kale
1. Combine the rice, water, dried chilli, garlic, ginger and carrots in a saucepan and bring to boil over high heat.
2. When the rice is slightly soften, reduce heat and add in the celery. Continue to let it simmer.
3. Stir the porridge once a while to avoid burnt. Add more water if needed. Add in the salt.
4. Mix miso paste with the water from the porridge. Let the miso dissolve before adding it to the porridge. Miso paste does not have to be cook for a long time.
5. Add in any green leafy vegetables.
Enjoy the porridge!