Yesterday evening, I felt like having chocolate cake. Again, I was in the mood to experiment making delicious chocolate cake which is healthy but yet guilt free. I have a soft spot for chocolates and sweet treats and there it is. My end product featured below. It is too yummy according to hubby and half was gone before I could take photo of it.
1 cup chickpea flour sifted twice
1/2 cup rice flour sifted once
1/2 cup coconut sugar (1 cup if you like it sweeter or adjust the sugar according to your liking)
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of coconut / almond milk
1/4 cup olive / coconut oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar (apple cider vinegar can also be used)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together and mix them well.
2. In another mixing bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bit by bit and continue to mix them well.
4. Pour the batter into a loaf pan.
5. Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 40 mins or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool before cutting.