I love chocolates. Whenever there’s a choice, I will always pick the nut chocolates. Now you know that nuts are my favourite too. Best combination! When I was a kid, milk chocolate with nuts was then only thing I know. Didn’t realised in the world of chocolates, there’s such awesome goodness as dark chocolate which is less sweet and has a bitter aftertaste. Some people said, life is quite bitter, why would you go for bitter chocolate but I said, real chocolate lovers understand the uniqueness of the aftertaste. Anyway, it is really up to the individual to decide if they prefer the sweet or bitter chocolate. My preference is the real dark chocolate with nuts. YUM! Can’t really tell from the pictures, but half the chocolate is gone.
1/2 cup raw cacao
1/2 cup or 100g cacao butter melted
1/2 cup roasted almond
2 tbsp honey (adjust according to your liking)
1 tsp vanilla essence
A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
1. Melt cacao butter in a bowl over low heat.
2. Whisk the honey together with the cacao butter thoroughly. Adjust sweetness according to your preference.
3. Add in the cacao powder, vanilla essence and salt into the honey and cacao butter mixture. Lastly, add in the almond nuts into the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into candy molds (if you have) or like me, use a pie pan.
5. Set in the refrigerator or freezer to harden for 30 mins or an hour.
6. Once it has harden, break into pieces.
You can keep them in the freezer to keep the freshness. I doubt mine will last that long. It will probably be gone in 2 days.